Title: Osteopathy Volunteer Programme
Location: Lalitpur district, Kathmandu, Nepal
Purpose: The osteopathy volunteer will provide osteopathic services to women living in a shelter and those working in the entertainment sector in Kathmandu, Nepal. She will provide physical care to women who have suffered gender-based violence, particularly in situations of sexual exploitation.
· Provide osteopathy services to young women of various ages who have dealt with varying experiences of gender-based trauma
· Train shelter staff and volunteers in osteopathy so that they can continue to use it as a recovery method in the future
· Must have a degree in osteopathic medicine
· Females only (as the environment of the shelter needs to be welcoming for the girls)
· Experience working with victims of gender-based violence preferred
· Flexibility is critical as this will likely differ significantly from any previous experiences in practicing osteopathy
· An orientation fit to your expectations, including trips to sites in Kathmandu and basic language lessons
· A language partner for the duration of your stay
· Lodging and food will be provided.
· Travel to/from Chhori will not be provided (i.e. airfare from UK to Nepal) and visa fees are not provided
· Although this is a volunteer programme, the cost of lodging and food requires that we charge a volunteer “donation” relative to the duration of the stay.
I appreciate any support you can provide.